3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
Saturday April 2, 2016 at 8:30 a.m. Central Time.
The 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament is held at the Oakley High School Gymnasium which is located at:
Oakley High School
118 W 7th Street
Oakley, KS 67748
For more information contact Craig Wimsley at 785-671-3820 or by email.
Rules for Oakley 3-on-3
- Each team may have only 3 players on their roster. Teams may have coaches.
- Players must appear only on 1 team per tournament.
- Teams are allowed 1 time-out per game, if they choose. The timeout will be 30 seconds.
- Both teams will warm-up at the same time prior to the game (1 or 2 minutes), depending on schedule. Teams are expected to get on the court immediately, and be ready to go.
- Teams must be at their court at their scheduled time, even if their games are running behind.
- A field goal is worth 1 point. A technical foul results in one free throw attempt, plus possession of the ball.
- A successful goal behind the 3 point line is worth 2 points. The player shooting must have both feet completely behind the line when initiating the attempt.
- Games are played to 16 points (win by 2), 1st team to 20 points, or whichever team is ahead after 15 minutes of play.
- In case of a "tie" at the end of regulation, select 1 player from each team to shoot 5 free throws. Whichever team makes the most free throws out of 5, wins. In the event of another tie, they will each select a new player from each team to shoot free throw, so on.
Live Ball - Dead Ball
- A coin flip before the game will determine which team gets the first possession at the top of the key. The team on the top of the bracket will call the coin toss.
- The ball changes possession after a scored basket.
- The ball must be checked by an opposing player before being put into play, after a made basket. No throwing at feet!
- The ball must be "taken back" past the 3 point line on each change of possession. Violation occurs only if the basket is made by the team failing to properly "take it back," and will result in loss of point scored, and possession to the other team.
- "Taking back" means both feet behind the 3 point line.
Fouls and Violations
- If a foul is called while a player attempts a shot and the shot goes in, they will count the basket, record the foul, but no free throw will be awarded.
- On the 7th-12th foul, a free throw will be awarded for all fouls, and the ball will change possession after a made free throw.
- After the 12th team foul, opposing team will be awarded a free throw, and retain possession of the ball following the free throw attempt, whether made or missed.
- Teams are not allowed to stall any time. The ref will decide if they are stalling, may call out to "play ball," or if continues, give possession to opposing team.
- Misconduct of any kind will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate dismissal from that particular game at the discretion of the tournament committee.
- Be a good sport and have fun! Stress sportsmanship for the proper guidance of the kids.